- Five Top Takeaways from Tribeca Film Institute's Interactive Day
Liz Nord provides five major takeaways from Tribeca Film Institute's 2013 Interactive Day, providing insights for filmmakers who are exploring the digital space for storytelling.
- How They Made “The Aatsinki Season”
We asked filmmaker Jessica Oreck and interactive developers Mike Knowlton and Hal Seigel how they generated the ideas that became the interactive project and how they managed their collaboration.
- POV Hackathon: Five Documentary Prototypes From a Weekend of Hacking
View the prototypes from POV Hackathon: Participate in an online debate with film characters, browse a documentary cookbook, find new meaning in numbers from news headlines, be moved by audio storytelling powered by live news and events, and explore the multimedia branches of a film from 1984.
- Three Things to Know About Yourself Before Hiring a Transmedia Designer
After beginning a transmedia project for her new documentary, filmmaker Liz Nord has some short and easy tips to think about before you hire a transmedia designer for your own project.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Aatsinski: The Story of Arctic Cowboys”
The POV Hackathon team members working on the Aatsinki: The Story of Arctic Cowboys project include experienced media makers drawn from the worlds of linear documentary and new forms of interactive storytelling.
- 6 Golden Rules for Filmmakers on Social Media
What's the best way to ensure success online? Read six tips for engaging your audience from Elisabeth Holm (Kickstarter), Gary Hustwit (Helvetica), Julie La'Bassiere (FilmBuff) and Mike Knowlton (StoryCode, Murmur).