- 30 Years of POV: Documentary Filmmakers Share What the Series Means to Them
Documentary filmmakers share what the POV series means to them.
- February 2014 POV Streaming Films
Check out which POV films you can stream for free this month, including our February 3, 2014 broadcast, American Promise, Racing Dreams, Reportero and more!
- POV Films Available for Streaming Over the Holidays
Home for the holidays? POV is excited to announce the free streaming of many of its past films, including the 2013 award-winning The World Before Her.
- Watch Now: 'If a Tree Falls,' 'My Perestroika,' and Three POV 2012 Films Back for Free Streaming!
POV fans can now stream If a Tree Falls, My Perestroika, The City Dark, The Light in Her Eyes, and Sun Kissed for free on the POV website!
- POV's 'My Perestroika' Wins a Peabody!
Robin Hessman's film about the last generation of Soviet children has won a prestigious George Foster Peabody Award.
- Next on POV: 'My Perestroika'
POV's brand new season is now in full swing with the American broadcast premiere of My Perestroika, an intimate look at the last generation of Soviet children, Tuesday, June 28, 2011, on PBS.
- Upcoming POV Community Screenings Around the Country
POV’s Community Network members are holding free screenings of POV films around the country all year long. Last year, we had over 500 screenings! Check out some of the exciting community events coming up over the next week… Rochester, NY The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers Sunday, May 1, […]
- 'My Perestroika' Extends its Theatrical Run (and a Q&A with Robin Hessman from the Road)
POV Filmmaker Robin Hessman has been traveling around America for the theatrical release of My Perestroika (POV 2011). Crowds have been enormously receptive and the film has been extended at the IFC Center in New York, the Coolidge Corner Theatre in Boston and Laemmle’s Sunset 5 in West Hollywood. My Perestroika is an intimate look […]
- Sundance 2010: Wrapping Up
POV’s series producer Yance Ford is at the Sundance Film Festival. She has been blogging and twittering from Park City this week. I’m back from Sundance, wrinkled from the red-eye and in full possession of a Sundance sore throat. Right now it’s snowing in New York, and if you squint hard, Gotham looks a little […]
- Sundance Video: Q&A With Filmmaker Robin Hessman and the Subjects of “My Perestroika”
POV’s series producer Yance Ford is at the Sundance Film Festival. She has been blogging and twittering from Park City this week. My Perestroika by Robin Hessman chronicles the stories of five Moscow schoolmates who were brought up behind the Iron Curtain and now live in post-Soviet Russia. After a fantastic screening in Park City, […]
- Sundance Update: Meetings, Screenings, Panels and Parties in Park City
POV’s series producer Yance Ford is at the Sundance Film Festival. She’s blogging and twittering from Park City throughout the week. Well, the infamous Sundance wall reared up and smacked me on Tuesday. Keeping up with the meetings, screenings, panels and parties here in Park City is an exhausting (though fun) job, but once in […]
- Sundance Update: Names, Films, and Gossip Girls
POV’s series producer Yance Ford is at the Sundance Film Festival. She’ll be blogging and twittering from Park City throughout the week. Day four of the 2010 Sundance Film Festival kicked off with a 9 a.m. screening of The Oath by Laura Poitras, followed by the premiere of My Perestroika by Robin Hessman. Both films […]