- Doc Memo: Documentary Inside Two Major Conflict Zones, Joshua Oppenheimer on Climate Change
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- For Filmmakers: Documentary Filmmaking Resources from POV
Check out our new resource for documentary filmmakers that covers everything from funding opportunities to online video platforms to "engagement" strategists you can hire for your film.
- POV Hackathon Submission Tips for Filmmakers
What makes a great POV Hackathon application? (And what makes a bad one?) POV Digital Director Adnaan Wasey offers tips for would-be storytelling innovators.
- Announcing POV Hackathon 2 – January 12-13, 2013
Bold filmmakers with a digital vision need apply! The POV Hackathon 2 Call for Participants is now open. Apply by Friday, December 7, 2012.
- Announcing the First POV Hackathon
POV is launching a unique opportunity for filmmakers and developers to re-invent the documentary for the web. This is a call for participants.
- Cell-Phone Documentaries: Films & Tools
Apple's iPhone 4 has sparked a new industry of smartphone filmmaking.
- Choose Your Own Documentary
Heather McIntosh discusses new storytelling styles in interactive documentaries like Bear 71 that hark back to the Choose Your Own Adventure series of books.
- Documentary Year in Review Countdown #12: Ford Foundation Funds Webified Documentaries
POV is counting down the top documentary stories of 2011 on New Year's Eve 2012.