- Why the NFB and Arte Are Crafting 'Interactive Haiku' – Register Your Idea by August 5, 2014
The National Film Board of Canada's Hugues Sweeney talks to POV about Interactive Haiku, a new co-production with Arte that will see the creation of 12 new pieces of short — very, very short — interactive art.
- Can Interactive Films Hit the Emotional Mark? A First Look at the Projects at Tribeca Storyscapes 2014
I am always appreciative of documentaries that push the boundaries of the form, but experiencing them leaves me wondering too often: Can interactive documentaries make us feel something in the same way that traditional cinema can?
- The Making of Bear 71
National Film Board of Canada producer Loc Dao shares some of the process and numbers behind the 2012 interactive documentary Bear 71 with blogger and documentary consultant Jaya Mahajan.
- Ten Questions for Loc Dao and Hugues Sweeney of the NFB
Executive producers from the National Film Board of Canada's interactive division give Murmur's Hal Seigel an in-depth look into the process behind recent projects A Journal of Insomnia and Bear 71.
- Five Questions with Hugues Sweeney of The National Film Board of Canada
NFB producer Hugues Sweeney tells Liz Nord about Journal of Insomnia, an installation and web documentary featured at the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival's Storyscapes exhibit in New York City this weekend.
- Documentary Year in Review Countdown #4: Popcorn.js Brings HTML5 and Interactivity to Documentaries
POV is counting down the top documentary stories of 2011 on New Year's Eve 2012.
- Panoramic Video Tools Enable a New Storytelling Dimension
Watch 360-degree video that has already made its mark in the ad world and in music videos, and find out about two new tools that could soon bring panoramic video capabilities to the masses.