- Is Seeing Believing? The New Documentaries Challenging Reality
There's more than meets the eye in these new nonfiction films.
- POV Hackathon 10: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology
Four teams 're-invented the documentary' at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology at CreatorUp! in Los Angeles.
- POV Hackathon 9: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology
Four teams 're-invented the documentary' at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology at the Chicago Innovation Exchange in Chicago!
- Dispatches from IDFA: A Conversation with DocLab Architect Caspar Sonnen
Kel O'Neill (of Jongsma + O'Neill) sits down with IDFA DocLab creator Caspar Sonnen to discuss DocLab, digital storytelling, and the 'medium' of interactive documentaries — if it can be defined as a 'medium' at all.
- POV Hackathon 6: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology
Five teams "re-invented the documentary" at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology.
- CNN Films Jumps Into Documentary Fray with Spurlock, Rossi, Bourdain, and More
A look at the new CNN Films banner and some of the documentary and nonfiction programming it will offer.
- Doc Soup Man Presents: A Discussion of Branded Documentaries and Branded Documentarians
Morgan Spurlock isn't the only documentarian who's crossed over into the commercial world. Did you know there's an agency that specializes in bringing that nonfiction touch to a 30-second spot?
- Doc Soup: Docs Takes Round One in the Nonfiction vs Fiction Death Match
The numbers are in. It may not be a knockout, but nonfiction is our Round One champ!
- Doc Soup: Fiction vs. Nonfiction Death Match, Round One
It's a film showdown: fiction films versus documentaries. POV's Doc Soup Man Tom Roston and indieWIRE's Anne Thompson take their differences into the ring. Which side are you on?