- Doc Memo: Top Pitches from Hot Docs, Human Rights Watch Film Festival Lineup
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- The Detroit Graduates: Watch the Documentary & Go Behind the Story with The New York Times
Kassie Bracken discusses The Detroit Graduates, a six part documentary following five high school seniors graduating from Denby High School in Detroit in 2013, the year the city declared bankruptcy.
- Teaching Op-Docs: Course Wrap-Up and Reflections
A look back on using The New York Times Op-Doc series as the focus for a course in online documentary production.
- Teaching Op-Docs: Helpful Resources
Some key resources, both online and in print, that helped develop materials for The New York Times Op-Docs curriculum.
- Teaching Op-Docs: Course Assignments
Following a semester of teaching online documentary production through the Op-Docs series, this post offers a round-up of the assignments used in the course.
- Take Care, Mr. Elson: Watch the Documentary & Go Behind the Story with Journalists from The New York Times
Emma Cott and Abby Goodnough discuss reporting on the effects of the Affordable Care Act on one chronically ill man in Louisville, Kentucky, and what his story says about the United States healthcare system in 2015.
- Strangers at Sea: Watch the Documentary and Go Behind the Scenes
Journalist Chris Museler tells POV how he navigated his role as fly on the wall in the high intensity, high stakes New York-Barcelona IMOCA Ocean Masters race onboard with professional sailors Pepe Ribes and Ryan Breymaier.
- 11 Sites and Apps for Watching Documentaries Free Online
Love watching documentaries online? We think POV's free streams of new and classic docs is great, but there are even more places you'll find great selections right now!
- The Nipple Artist: Behind the Scenes With Subject Caitlin Kiernan
Caitlin Kiernan, subject of The New York Times documentary "The Nipple Artist," talks to POV about telling her story.
- The Nipple Artist: Watch the Documentary and Go Behind the Scenes
How do breast cancer survivors recapture their sense of self after surgeries, chemotherapy and reconstruction? "The Nipple Artist" by The New York Times tells the story of one woman's journey for closure... and nipples.
- Filmmaker Joanna Rudnick on Life with the “Breast Cancer Gene” and Human Gene Patenting
In the Family filmmaker Joanna Rudnick gives POV an update on her health and personal life.