- Director David France on 'How to Survive a Plague'
Director David France’s documentary is a riveting chronicle of activism around the AIDS crisis and its legacy.
- Are We 'Surviving Progress'?
Director Mathieu Roy looks at the risks of our technologically advanced age and tackles huge, existential questions within the wrapper of an 86-minute documentary. The film opens in New York City this weekend and expands to other select cities in April and May.
- Choose Your Own Documentary
Heather McIntosh discusses new storytelling styles in interactive documentaries like Bear 71 that hark back to the Choose Your Own Adventure series of books.
- 2012: What's In Store for The Filmmaking 99 Percent
A look forward at the technology that will define independent documentary filmmaking in 2012.
- From Occupy Wall Street Protester to Live Documentarian
Thorin Caristo, an amateur cameraman, joined the Occupy Wall Street movement on Day One as a protester, but he was quickly persuaded to join its media team. Now livestreaming videos around the clock from Zuccotti Park, Caristo lets us in on how he's documenting a burgeoning social-media uprising.
- From the POV Archive: Five Documentaries About Protest Movements
Put the "Occupy Wall Street" protests into perspective with this list of documentary films that chronicle past protest movements in the United States from the POV/PBS archive.