- 8 “Then and Now” Documentaries That Transcend Time
The Up series, which has been following a group in seven-year intervals, has a new entry this month, 56 Up. Here are eight documentaries that take the "then and now" concept to new levels.
- Oscar 2012: Predicting the Documentary Winners
Who will win? Doc Soup Man has picked it for four years running. But this year, he says, is one of the closest races in years.
- Oscar 2012: Surprises Among the Documentary Nominations
Wow. The Oscar nominees were just announced this morning and I have to admit I was shocked. I was so expecting a number of popular and incredibly well-made films to get the nods, but I was wrong.
- Oscar 2012: Best Feature Documentary Nominees List Includes 'If a Tree Falls'
The Academy has announced its nominees for 2011's Best Documentary Feature and Documentary Short Subject, which includes two POV films: If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front and The Barber of Birmingham: Foot Soldier of the Civil Rights Movement.
- Documentary Year in Review Countdown #1: The West Memphis 3, Subjects of the 'Paradise Lost' Documentary Series, Are Set Free
POV is counting down the top documentary stories of 2011 on New Year's Eve 2012.
- The 2011 Documentary Oscars: My Shortlist
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston proposes an entirely different list of 15 films that could have just as easily been deemed Oscar-worthy.
- 2011 New York Film Festival Documentary Preview
Documentaries have been a staple of the New York Film Festival, the city's eclectic showcase of international auteurs, and 2011's edition (Sept. 30 to Oct. 16) is no exception.
- Doc Soup: A Documentary Dispatch from the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston recaps the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival and previews films you can hope to see in theaters in the coming months.