- The Breakdown of Sundance Documentary Deals
What goes into a documentary distribution deal during a major film festival?
- Featured Event: MIT's Department of Urban Studies and Planning Presents 'The Overnighters'
Join the MIT Department of Urban Studies and Planning for a free screening of 'The Overnighters' as part of an ongoing film series.
- Featured Event: The California Film Institute and the Bar Association of San Francisco present Neuland
Join the California Film Institute for a free screening of 'Neuland', followed by a discussion with Avantika Shastri, Legal Director of the San Francisco Immigrant Defense Collaborative at the Bar Association of San Francisco.
- What to Watch This November on POV.org
A list of documentaries available to watch this month on POV.org.
- CMSI Asks: Is Public TV Different?
A CMSI audit of documentary series on commercial and public TV has found that the most diverse documentary series on TV are Independent Lens and POV, public TV series.
- More Docs to Watch! Here's What's Streaming This October on POV
A look at the feature length and short documentary films available to watch for free this October on POV!
- Next on POV: The Fake Case
“Mr. Johnsen offers viewers the challenge and pleasure of an important artist’s company, and a chance to appreciate anew his wisdom, his wit and his bravery.” — A.O. Scott, The New York Times Ai Weiwei: The Fake Case premieres Friday, October 2, 2015, at 10 PM on PBS stations. Acclaimmed international artist Ai Weiwei is […]
- POV Films Win Two News & Documentary Emmy Awards
'After Tiller' Takes Top Trophy for Best Documentary, 'When I Walk' Wins Outstanding Informational Programming — Long Form
- Spread the Word: 'Art and Craft' on PBS
Organizations and individuals across the country are getting the word out about 'Art and Craft'.
- Next on POV: Art and Craft
Mark Landis is one of the most prolific art forgers of the modern era — and he isn't in it for the money - Friday on PBS.
- Next on POV: Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)
Since the age of 4, Angy Rivera has lived in the United States with a secret that threatens to upend her life: She is undocumented. Watch Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) - Monday on PBS.
- Spread the Word: 'Cutie and the Boxer' on PBS
Organizations and individuals across the country are getting the word out about 'Cutie and the Boxer'.
- Next on POV: Cutie and the Boxer
Oscar-nominated documentary takes us inside the unruly, lively 40-year marriage and artistic partnership of Ushio and Noriko Shinohara. Watch "Cutie and the Boxer" - Monday on PBS.
- Opportunity for Community Organizations and Libraries: PBS Highlights the Arts this Fall with 3 New POV Documentaries
This fall, POV invites community organizers and libraries to partner on the special PBS broadcasts of three documentaries examining art and identity -- Cutie and the Boxer, Art and Craft and Ai Weiwei: The Fake Case.
- 75+ Films to Watch This September on POV!
A list of feature length and short documentary films to watch for free this September on POV!
- Spread the Word: 'The Storm Makers' on PBS
Organizations and individuals across the country are getting the word out about The Storm Makers.
- Next on POV: The Storm Makers
Three personal stories reflect the dark side of globalization and its devastating human toll. Watch "The Storm Makers" - Monday on PBS.
- Spread the Word: 'Point and Shoot' on PBS
Point and Shoot airs tonight on PBS (check local listings), and there's still time to let your community know about the film.