- POV Is Streaming 100+ Independent Documentary Films Free Online This Season
Discover new and classic films at pov.org/video and on the POV channel on your PBS app.
- Doc Memo: Insights from Modern Storytelling, VR Experience in Chernobyl
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- POV's 2017 Call for Entries Is Now Open!
Films submitted to this open call will be considered for the 2017 broadcast season and beyond. The deadline for submission is Thursday, June 30, 2016.
- POV's 29th Season of Films Available for Sneak Preview Screenings
Community organizations and libraries can host screenings before films' broadcasts on PBS - for free.
- The Breakdown of Sundance Documentary Deals
What goes into a documentary distribution deal during a major film festival?
- Featured Event: MIT's Department of Urban Studies and Planning Presents 'The Overnighters'
Join the MIT Department of Urban Studies and Planning for a free screening of 'The Overnighters' as part of an ongoing film series.
- Featured Event: The California Film Institute and the Bar Association of San Francisco present Neuland
Join the California Film Institute for a free screening of 'Neuland', followed by a discussion with Avantika Shastri, Legal Director of the San Francisco Immigrant Defense Collaborative at the Bar Association of San Francisco.
- What to Watch This November on POV.org
A list of documentaries available to watch this month on POV.org.
- CMSI Asks: Is Public TV Different?
A CMSI audit of documentary series on commercial and public TV has found that the most diverse documentary series on TV are Independent Lens and POV, public TV series.
- More Docs to Watch! Here's What's Streaming This October on POV
A look at the feature length and short documentary films available to watch for free this October on POV!
- Next on POV: The Fake Case
“Mr. Johnsen offers viewers the challenge and pleasure of an important artist’s company, and a chance to appreciate anew his wisdom, his wit and his bravery.” — A.O. Scott, The New York Times Ai Weiwei: The Fake Case premieres Friday, October 2, 2015, at 10 PM on PBS stations. Acclaimmed international artist Ai Weiwei is […]
- POV Films Win Two News & Documentary Emmy Awards
'After Tiller' Takes Top Trophy for Best Documentary, 'When I Walk' Wins Outstanding Informational Programming — Long Form
- Spread the Word: 'Art and Craft' on PBS
Organizations and individuals across the country are getting the word out about 'Art and Craft'.
- Next on POV: Art and Craft
Mark Landis is one of the most prolific art forgers of the modern era — and he isn't in it for the money - Friday on PBS.
- Next on POV: Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)
Since the age of 4, Angy Rivera has lived in the United States with a secret that threatens to upend her life: She is undocumented. Watch Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) - Monday on PBS.
- Spread the Word: 'Cutie and the Boxer' on PBS
Organizations and individuals across the country are getting the word out about 'Cutie and the Boxer'.
- Next on POV: Cutie and the Boxer
Oscar-nominated documentary takes us inside the unruly, lively 40-year marriage and artistic partnership of Ushio and Noriko Shinohara. Watch "Cutie and the Boxer" - Monday on PBS.
- Opportunity for Community Organizations and Libraries: PBS Highlights the Arts this Fall with 3 New POV Documentaries
This fall, POV invites community organizers and libraries to partner on the special PBS broadcasts of three documentaries examining art and identity -- Cutie and the Boxer, Art and Craft and Ai Weiwei: The Fake Case.