- Next on POV: Tough Love
What makes a good parent? How do you prove you are responsible after you've been deemed unfit? Watch "Tough Love" - Monday on PBS.
- Spread the Word About 'The Overnighters' in the Final Hours!
The Overnighters airs tonight on PBS (check local listings). Let your community know about the film.
- Next on POV: The Overnighters
Chasing the American dream, thousands of workers flock to a North Dakota town where the oil business is booming. Watch 'The Overnighters', Monday on PBS.
- POV's Tough Love Kicks Off BRIC FLIX
On Tuesday, May 19th, POV was thrilled to partner with BRIC for their inaugural BRIC FLIX program. POV’s Tough Love kicked off the free film screening and conversation series to a packed house.
- POV's 2016 Call for Entries Is Now Open!
Films submitted to this open call will be considered for the 2016 broadcast season and beyond. Submit by Monday, June 15, 2015.
- PBS National Listening Tour News Round-Up
After the final stop of the PBS National Listening Tour, POV offers this round-up of organizations and individuals lending their voice to the conversation.
- PBS Listening Tour Surveys Offer Road Map
It wasn’t possible for everyone’s voice to be heard at the New York Listening Tour stop on February 23rd. To take advantage of this moment to hear from our community, we conducted two surveys around the New York Listening Tour stop.
- PBS Listening Tour Comes to New York City: A Report
PBS, ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, Indie Caucus and WNET hosted a full house on the Independent Film on PBS Listening Tour in New York City on February 23, 2015.
- Announcing POV's 2015 Season on PBS
Get a sneak preview of POV's 2015 lineup and help us spread the news about the films you're looking forward to seeing most!
- Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour Comes to New York City
The next stop of the Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour will be in New York City on February 23, 2015. Save the date and RSVP!
- Listening Tour Kicks Off in San Francisco: A Report
A report back from "Independent Film on PBS: A National Listening Tour" in partnership with ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, and WNET from San Francisco. The next event will be on February 23, 2015 in New York City.
- Regarding Independent Film on THIRTEEN and WLIW21
A joint statement WNET, PBS, ITVS, Independent Lens and POV regarding independent film on THIRTEEN and WLIW21.
- “American Promise” is back for free streaming on POV
Watch American Promise for free on POV through November 8, 2014 and get an update on the award-winning outreach campaign.
- Spread the Word About 'The Act of Killing' Broadcast
Spread the word about the POV broadcast of The Act of Killing.
- Next on POV: The Act of Killing
As dreamlike and terrifying as anything that Werner Herzog (one of the executive producers) could imagine. Watch The Act of Killing, Monday on PBS.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Christopher Allen (“89 Steps”)
89 Steps: A Chapter of Living Los Sures follows Marta, a longtime resident of Williamsburg, Brooklyn's Los Sures neighborhood. Now struggling to afford the rapidly gentrifying neighborhood, Marta must decide whether to stay or go.
- Next on POV: Koch
Few have matched the bravado, combativeness and egocentricity that Ed Koch brought to the New York City Mayor's Office during his three terms. Watch Monday on PBS, and join the discussion with the filmmaker and Koch's Chief of Staff.
- Ken Burns on What We Can Do About That “One Thing We Have to Fear”
Last night, at the end of the fourth episode of The Roosevelts: An Intimate History, we saw Ken Burns do something pretty special.