- Spread the Word About 'The Act of Killing' Broadcast
Spread the word about the POV broadcast of The Act of Killing.
- Next on POV: The Act of Killing
As dreamlike and terrifying as anything that Werner Herzog (one of the executive producers) could imagine. Watch The Act of Killing, Monday on PBS.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Christopher Allen (“89 Steps”)
89 Steps: A Chapter of Living Los Sures follows Marta, a longtime resident of Williamsburg, Brooklyn's Los Sures neighborhood. Now struggling to afford the rapidly gentrifying neighborhood, Marta must decide whether to stay or go.
- Next on POV: Koch
Few have matched the bravado, combativeness and egocentricity that Ed Koch brought to the New York City Mayor's Office during his three terms. Watch Monday on PBS, and join the discussion with the filmmaker and Koch's Chief of Staff.
- Ken Burns on What We Can Do About That “One Thing We Have to Fear”
Last night, at the end of the fourth episode of The Roosevelts: An Intimate History, we saw Ken Burns do something pretty special.
- Ken Burns's The Roosevelts: The Truth Outside the Frame
We're in the thick of The Roosevelts: An Intimate History, Ken Burns's seven-part PBS series, but what I want to address here is what's not on the screen.
- Ken Burns on “The Ken Burns Effect” (and the 8 Effects He Actually Uses)
"I have saved millions of bar mitzvahs and weddings and vacations," say Burns, whose seven-part series, The Roosevelts: An Intimate History, begins Sunday on PBS.
- Spread the Word about The Genius of Marian in the Final Hours!
Check out our Storify round-up for inspiration and sample tweets to spread the word about the film The Genius of Marian, airing tonight on PBS!
- 11 Sites and Apps for Watching Documentaries Free Online
Love watching documentaries online? We think POV's free streams of new and classic docs is great, but there are even more places you'll find great selections right now!
- Op-Doc: “A Marriage to Remember” by “The Genius of Marian” filmmaker Banker White
Watch A Marriage to Remember, an Op-Doc from The New York Times by The Genius of Marian filmmaker Banker White.
- Next on POV: A World Not Ours
A passionate, bittersweet account of one family’s multi-generational experience living as permanent refugees. Premieres Monday, August 18, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'Fallen City' Premieres Tonight!
Fallen City premieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the films. Use our partner toolkit for easy ways to help spread the word.
- These Viewers Were Moved by POV's 'Dance for Me' – Read Their Reactions & Watch the Film Free Online Here!
Watch Dance for Me free on POV's website and apps until August 20, 2014, and join the conversation. #danceforme
- Next on POV: Dance for Me
At 15, Russian ballroom dancer Egor leaves everyone and everything he knows for a chance to team up with promising 14-year-old performer Mie. Will his choice be worth it? Dance for Me premieres Monday, July 21, 2014, on PBS stations.
- POV Films Receive 6 Emmy Nominations!
POV has received 6 nominations for the 35th Annual News & Documentary Emmy Awards. PBS earned three of the five nominations for Best Documentary and 43 nominations in total. more than any other broadcaster.
- Viewers Respond to 'American Revolutionary' – Watch Free Online Until July 30, 2014!
See what viewers have been saying about American Revolutionary, streaming free on POV's website in July.
- Next on POV: My Way to Olympia
Who better to cover the Paralympics than a disabled filmmaker who hates sports and deems the games "stupid?" Watch Niko von Glasow's My Way to Olympia Monday, July 7, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Coming Soon to POV: 15 to Life
Does sentencing a teenager to life without parole serve society? This eye-opening film reveals a justice system that routinely condemns young Americans to die in prison. Premieres Monday, August 4, 2014, on PBS stations.