- Coming Soon to POV: American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs
Meet Grace Lee Boggs, a Chinese American philosopher in Detroit who has been waging a revolution for 75 years. Premieres Monday, June 30, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Coming Soon to POV: When I Walk
Jason DaSilva was 25 years old and a rising independent filmmaker when a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis changed everything — and inspired him to make another film. When I Walk premieres Monday, June 23, 2014, on PBS stations.
- POV's “The Jazz Ticket” Selected for 2014 PBS Online Film Festival
POV presents The Jazz Ticket as part of the third annual PBS Online Film Festival. Watch the Online Film Festival trailer.
- Now Streaming! The Words in the Margins – New Documentary Short from POV
Celebrate independent films with PBS Indies Shorts by watching a new POV short, The Words in the Margins.
- POV’s 2015 Call for Entries is Officially Open!
Films submitted to this open call will be considered for the 2015 broadcast season and beyond. The deadline for submission is Monday, June 30, 2014.
- PBS Indies Shorts – Now Streaming at POV
Celebrate independent films with the PBS Indies Shorts by streaming three new POV shorts.
- Filmgate 2014 Highlights POV's Digital History & Future
The cross-media conference's POV Digital retrospective puts the spotlight on the evolution of documentary engagement and new media. Feb. 1 - Feb. 5, 2014, in Miami.
- Sundance 2014: StoryCorps Dispatches from Park City
StoryCorps dispatches from the 2014 Sundance Film Festival on all things animation & documentary.
- Introducing the U.K. to Americana on a Commercial Scale
With the global distribution of U.S. television shows, does Britain need to see more programming from “across the pond,” as the saying goes? PBS America thinks so.
- Create Your Own Essential DSLR Video Kit
Find out which camera body, lenses, audio equipment, rigs, tripods, monopods, editing software and other miscellaneous tools you need for a top-notch DSLR filmmaking kit.
- POV + Public Libraries: Partnering to Enhance Civic Engagement
In 2013, POV took part in a study exploring the impact of community screenings of documentaries in public libraries on civic engagement. Explore the findings.
- Watch the POV Documentary 'Armadillo' Online Starting November 9, 2013 (For Free!)
Armadillo is available for streaming free on POV from November 9, 2013 through December 8, 2013.
- Where You Can Watch 2013 News and Documentary Emmy Winners
At last night's News and Documentary Emmy Awards ceremony, PBS programs garnered nine awards. The good news for you — all of these winners are available to watch for free online!
- Commemorate Hispanic Heritage Month with POV Films and PBS Programming
Commemorate Hispanic Heritage Month (Sept. 15 - Oct. 15, 2013) with POV films and PBS programming.
- 'Brother Outsider: The Life of Bayard Rustin' Streaming Free – But Only For Two Days!
Watch the POV film that documents the Civil Rights Movement activist. Wednesday and Thursday (August 28-29, 2013) on POV's website.
- The Law in These Parts Now Available for Streaming on Mobile Devices
'The Law in These Parts' is now streaming on your mobile device -- free. Download the PBS video app and catch the film before the broadcast on August 19, 2013 at 10 PM.
- POV Films Receive 9 Emmy Nominations Including Nostalgia for the Light for Best Documentary!
POV has received 9 nominations in the 34th Annual News & Documentary Emmy® Awards! PBS received 45 nominations in total.
- Next on POV: Special Flight
A dramatic account of the plight of undocumented foreigners. Premieres Monday, July 1, 2013, on PBS stations.