- The Law in These Parts Now Available for Streaming on Mobile Devices
'The Law in These Parts' is now streaming on your mobile device -- free. Download the PBS video app and catch the film before the broadcast on August 19, 2013 at 10 PM.
- POV Films Receive 9 Emmy Nominations Including Nostalgia for the Light for Best Documentary!
POV has received 9 nominations in the 34th Annual News & Documentary Emmy® Awards! PBS received 45 nominations in total.
- Next on POV: Special Flight
A dramatic account of the plight of undocumented foreigners. Premieres Monday, July 1, 2013, on PBS stations.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours – “Homegoings” Premieres Tonight on POV
See our Storify round-up for how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the film. Use our partner toolkit to join them.
- Homegoings: Live Chat with Filmmaker Christine Turner
Ask questions during our online chat with Homegoings Director Christine Turner on Thursday, June 27 from 7-8pm.
- Next on POV: 'Homegoings'
Mark your calendars! On June 24, at 10 PM, POV will present the national broadcast premiere of the moving documentary Homegoings on PBS.
- Coming Soon to POV: Homegoings
Homegoings looks at the rich cultural traditions of African-American funerals. Premieres June 24, 2013 on PBS stations. The conversation about funeral practices continues on POV's website.
- Preview POV's 26th Season on PBS
Grab a sneak peek at the films in the POV lineup for summer 2013! POV's 26th season on PBS premieres June 24, 2013 at 10PM with 'Homegoings.'
- The POV Call for Entries is Now Open!
The PBS documentary series POV is seeking independent nonfiction films for broadcast in 2014 and beyond. Submit your film by Friday, June 28, 2013.
- POV Announces Documentary Lineup For Its 26th Season on PBS
Moving to Monday nights on PBS, the regular season kicks off with Homegoings and closes with Best Kept Secret, and features special presentations of 56 Up, American Promise, Brooklyn Castle and a special from StoryCorps.
- PBS 2013 Online Film Festival: Watch & Vote for Ars Magna
Watch and vote for Ars Magna. Nominated for a News and Documentary Emmy® Award, Ars Magna enters into the obsessive and fascinating world of anagrams with a man who took the first three lines of Hamlet’s “To Be or Not to Be” and created what has been called “the world’s greatest anagram.”
- PBS 2013 Online Film Festival: Watch & Vote for CatCam
Watch and vote for CatCam, where an engineer straps a camera on a stray cat in North Carolina and inadvertently creates a media sensation.
- PBS 2013 Online Film Festival: Watch & Vote for Sin País
Watch and vote for Sin País. Winner of a 2012 Student Academy Award®, Sin País explores a family’s experience as members are separated by deportation.
- PBS 2013 Online Film Festival: Watch & Vote for Sound of Vision
Watch and vote for Sound of Vision, where a blind musician spends his waking hours confronting the hurdles and embracing the cacophony of “The City That Never Sleeps” — New York — which he will never see.
- PBS 2013 Online Film Festival: Vote to Determine the People's Choice Winner
All of the films from PBS's second Online Film Festival are now online! Watch and vote for your favorite shorts!
- BizVizz: The Making of a Documentary App
Filmmaker Brad Lichtenstein recounts his journey for creating BizVizz, a corporate accountability app inspired his documentary As Goes Janesville.
- Four POV Short Films Selected for PBS 2013 Online Film Festival
Four of the 25 independent short films will be presented by POV: Ars Magna, CatCam, Sin País and Sound of Vision.
- Watch 'Reportero' on the PBS Mobile App Starting January 1, 2013!
Just announced! You can watch the critically-acclaimed 'Reportero' starting January 1, 2013 on the PBS app for iPhone and iPad!