- Preview POV's 25th Season
Watch a video preview of the films coming up in the 2012 season of POV!
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings
POV community screenings continue across the country, including one of our first sneak previews of My Reincarnation (POV 2012).
- It's a Great Day for Independent Film and Public Television
We're excited to announce, with PBS and ITVS, a new strategy to boost the year-round audience for POV and Independent Lens. Beginning this fall, both series will switch to Monday nights.
- Doc U: The Future of Docs on PBS
Simon Kilmurry, Executive Producer of American Documentary | POV, will be participating in the "Doc U: The Future of Docs on PBS" panel hosted by the International Documentary Association (IDA) on May 10th.
- This Sunday: Sweetgrass Screens in Barn at Queens County Farm
This Sunday, celebrate Queens County Farm with sheep shearing and spinning demos, farm tours, live music, hay rides, wine tasting, some of the city's best food trucks and a screening of POV's Sweetgrass in the farm's barn complex.
- “Listening Is an Act of Love” at Georgetown Public Library This May
Librarian Sheri Miklaski tells POV about the Georgetown (Texas) Public Library's month of programming around the StoryCorps interview collection Listening is an Act of Love and POV's StoryCorps Animated Shorts.
- Vote for Women, War and Peace Doc Shorts and Other PBS Webby Award Nominees
Voting for the People's Voice Award for the 16th Annual Webby Awards will close tomorrow, April 26, 2012, so register and get to voting for your favorite PBS websites!
- POV's Annual Call for Entries is Now Open!
The PBS documentary series POV is seeking independent nonfiction films for broadcast in 2013 and beyond. Submit your film by Friday, June 29, 2012.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 'Seltzer Works'
Your votes will determine the People's Choice Winner in PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival! The short film Seltzer Works profiles third-generation seltzer-filler Kenny Gomberg, the last bottler in Brooklyn.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 'The Archive'
Watch this Emmy-nominated short film about a man and his giant record collection (that no one wants), then vote for it and it be the People's Choice Winner in PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival!
- POV's 'My Perestroika' Wins a Peabody!
Robin Hessman's film about the last generation of Soviet children has won a prestigious George Foster Peabody Award.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 34x25x36
Watch and vote for 34x25x26, a short film that shows the inner workings of the Patina V Mannequin Factory and the musings of the designers who decide what the perfect female body should look like.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 'Flawed'
Your votes will determine the People's Choice Winner in PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival! In the animated film Flawed, a woman is uneasy about beginning a relationship with a plastic surgeon.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Which Film Will Be the People's Choice Winner?
All of the films from PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival are now online! Watch and vote for your favorite shorts!
- Five POV Short Films Selected for PBS Online Film Festival
PBS announced today that it will launch its first Online Film Festival, showcasing of 20 short films from independent filmmakers. The selections include five POV short films: Seltzer Works, The Archive, This Gay and Age, Flawed, and 34x25x36.
- Project Voicescape Winner to be Featured in PBS Online Film Festival
PBS announced today that the Project Voicescape winner for Best Documentary This Gay and Age will be featured in its selections for its first Online Film Festival.
- Documentaries for the Downton Abbey Fan
Ultimate fan and Crawley wannabe Tom Roston shares a trove of documentaries you can watch online about the upstairs-downstairs set.
- Toward a Cultural Institution Dedicated to Documentary
Heather McIntosh provides a survey of organizations whose relationship to the documentary form, or dedication to the form have helped shape and promote the genre.