- Ron Simon on Curating Paley DocFest 2012 and the Impact of Political Documentaries in an Election Year
Ron Simon tells POV how he curates New York City's Paley DocFest, which this year features a handful of politically themes documentaries timed to the November elections.
- Oscar 2012: Predicting the Documentary Winners
Who will win? Doc Soup Man has picked it for four years running. But this year, he says, is one of the closest races in years.
- Oscar 2012: Surprises Among the Documentary Nominations
Wow. The Oscar nominees were just announced this morning and I have to admit I was shocked. I was so expecting a number of popular and incredibly well-made films to get the nods, but I was wrong.
- Oscar 2012: Best Feature Documentary Nominees List Includes 'If a Tree Falls'
The Academy has announced its nominees for 2011's Best Documentary Feature and Documentary Short Subject, which includes two POV films: If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front and The Barber of Birmingham: Foot Soldier of the Civil Rights Movement.
- Documentary Year in Review Countdown #6: 3-D Documentaries Hit Theaters
POV is counting down the top documentary stories of 2011 on New Year's Eve 2012.
- The 2011 Documentary Oscars: My Shortlist
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston proposes an entirely different list of 15 films that could have just as easily been deemed Oscar-worthy.
- 2011 New York Film Festival Documentary Preview
Documentaries have been a staple of the New York Film Festival, the city's eclectic showcase of international auteurs, and 2011's edition (Sept. 30 to Oct. 16) is no exception.