- POV Hackathon: Day Two: From Proposal to Prototype
For Day Two of the POV Hackathon, reinventing the documentary for the web meant embracing a "minimum viable product" strategy in time for a 7 PM screening.
- POV Hackathon: Day One: Five Approaches to the Web Documentary from Hackathon Participants
Observations from Day One of the POV Hackathon.
- The POV Hackathon Has Begun!
You know the projects, now meet the teams. The POV Hackathon is upon us, and we'd like to introduce to the members of the five teams. Five teams of filmmakers and developers will be converging in Brooklyn starting today to "re-invent the documentary for the web."
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “StoryCorps Audio Slideshows”
The StoryCorps project team at the POV Hackathon is using the award-winning StoryCorps oral history project as its source material.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Living Los Sures”
Living Los Sures examines the hardscrabble past and hidden histories of New York City's now trendy Williamsburg neighborhood.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Feed Me A Story”
The POV Hackathon team members working on the Feed Me A Story project meet at the intersection of documentary, food ethnography and app development.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Op-Video”
The POV Hackathon team members working on the Op-Video project have deep experience re-imaging traditional forms of journalism for the digital age.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Aatsinski: The Story of Arctic Cowboys”
The POV Hackathon team members working on the Aatsinki: The Story of Arctic Cowboys project include experienced media makers drawn from the worlds of linear documentary and new forms of interactive storytelling.
- POV Hackathon: Five Projects Aiming to Re-Invent the Documentary for the Web
Find out more about the projects selected for POV's first hackathon, which will take place in New York City the weekend of August 11-12, 2012.
- Announcing the First POV Hackathon
POV is launching a unique opportunity for filmmakers and developers to re-invent the documentary for the web. This is a call for participants.