- Doc Memo: Insights from Modern Storytelling, VR Experience in Chernobyl
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- Featured Event: University of Oregon's Conflict Resolution Services Presents 'Beats of the Antonov'
Join The University of Oregon's Conflict Resolution Services for a free screening of 'Beats of the Antonov,' followed by a discussion.
- POV's 2017 Call for Entries Is Now Open!
Films submitted to this open call will be considered for the 2017 broadcast season and beyond. The deadline for submission is Thursday, June 30, 2016.
- Featured Event: Foothill College's Family Engagement Institute Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)'
Join Foothill College's Family Engagement Institute for a free screening of 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas A Nadie),' followed by a panel discussion.
- Featured Event: DeKalb Library Presents 'Ella Es el Matador'
Join DeKalb Library for a free screening of 'Ella Es el Matador,' in celebration of Women's History Month.
- Featured Event: Bronx Documentary Center Presents 'Return to Homs'
Join the Bronx Documentary Center for a free screening of 'Return to Homs', followed by a Q&A with director Talal Derki via Skype.
- POV's 'Tough Love' and America ReFramed's 'The Perfect Victim' are 2016 Silver Gavel Award finalists!
Stephanie Wang-Breal's "Tough Love" (POV 2015) and Elizabeth Rohrbaugh's "The Perfect Victim" (America ReFramed 2015) were named finalists by The American Bar Association for the 2016 Silver Gavel Awards for Media and the Arts!
- Reel Talk: The Panels to Look Out For at SXSW
A look into the cool panels at SXSW this year.
- Featured Event: Astoria Public Library Presents 'Girl Model'
Join the Astoria Public Library for a free screening of 'Girl Model,' followed by a discussion.
- Joshua Oppenheimer and Adi Rukun Raise Awareness Amongst Silence
While on the Oscar campaign trail, Joshua Oppenheimer and Adi Rukun raise awareness against the silence on the 1960s Indonesian genocide.
- MacArthur Foundation Renews Support for American Documentary | POV
Three-Year Grant Will Support Award-Winning PBS Documentary Series POV, Its Digital Innovations and National Community Engagement Campaigns and the WORLD Channel Series AMERICA REFRAMED
- POV's 'All the Difference' Chronicles Odds-Defying Success of College-Bound African-American Males; Documentary Airs Monday, Sept. 12, 2016 on PBS
Filmed Over Five Years, Documentary Follows Robert and Krishaun from Chicago's South Side as They Pursue Dreams of Higher Education, Middle Class Careers
- Featured Event: Berkshire Citizens for Peace and Justice Present 'The Storm Makers'
Join the Berkshire Citizens for Peace and Justice for a free screening of 'The Storm Makers', as part of a free weekly program of films and speakers on a wide variety of peace and social justice issues.
- Featured Event: DeKalb Library Presents 'All the Difference'
Join the DeKalb branch of the Brooklyn Public Library for a free screening of 'All the Difference.'
- New to Watch: Four Women Make Movies Films from the POV Archives
To celebrate our multi-year partnership, POV is streaming four critically acclaimed WMM films from our archive from January 11, 2016 through April 10, 2016.
- Featured Event: MIT's Department of Urban Studies and Planning Presents 'The Overnighters'
Join the MIT Department of Urban Studies and Planning for a free screening of 'The Overnighters' as part of an ongoing film series.
- Featured Event: Brooklyn Museum Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)'
Join the Brooklyn Museum for a screening of Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) to kick off the new year and the first Target First Saturday of 2016.
- POV Wins 2015 IDA Award for Best Curated Series
POV (Point of View) won the IDA Award for Best Curated Series, sharing the honor with Independent Lens at the 31st Annual International Documentary Association Awards this past weekend in Los Angeles.