- POV and The New York Times Select Three Multimedia Storytellers to Create New Interactive Conversations About Race
Meet the three mediamakers that will innovate with POV and The New York Times within the Race/Related team.
- POV and The New York Times Collaborate to Explore the Future of Documentary With a New Interactive Project About Race; Now Seeking a Mediamaker to Work in Hybrid Formats
Funding from MacArthur Foundation will strengthen ties between the two organizations and allow POV to expand the scope of its digital storytelling.
- PBS Listening Tour Comes to New York City: A Report
PBS, ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, Indie Caucus and WNET hosted a full house on the Independent Film on PBS Listening Tour in New York City on February 23, 2015.
- POV's Annual Appeal was a huge success!
We'd like to express our gratitude to POV's friends and family who supported independent documentary film by donating to POV and spreading the word over social media during our Annual Appeal.
- Announcing POV's 2015 Season on PBS
Get a sneak preview of POV's 2015 lineup and help us spread the news about the films you're looking forward to seeing most!
- Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour Comes to New York City
The next stop of the Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour will be in New York City on February 23, 2015. Save the date and RSVP!
- Listening Tour Kicks Off in San Francisco: A Report
A report back from "Independent Film on PBS: A National Listening Tour" in partnership with ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, and WNET from San Francisco. The next event will be on February 23, 2015 in New York City.
- Regarding Independent Film on THIRTEEN and WLIW21
A joint statement WNET, PBS, ITVS, Independent Lens and POV regarding independent film on THIRTEEN and WLIW21.
- Dispatches from IDFA: Research and Development
IDFA DocLab is a paradise for innovative storytelling, but who should foot the bill?
- #docchat: “How to Get Your Film on Public Television” with POV's VP of Programming & Production Chris White
Join the video chat on Google+ this Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 1-2 PM (10-11 AM PT), and ask your questions about how to navigate the public television submission process.
- Where You Can Watch 2013 News and Documentary Emmy Winners
At last night's News and Documentary Emmy Awards ceremony, PBS programs garnered nine awards. The good news for you — all of these winners are available to watch for free online!
- For Filmmakers: Documentary Filmmaking Resources from POV
Check out our new resource for documentary filmmakers that covers everything from funding opportunities to online video platforms to "engagement" strategists you can hire for your film.
- Expand Your POV at The Little Theatre
In honor of POV's 25th anniversary season, The Little Theatre and WXXI Present “POV: Three Days of Docs.”
- May 31: Navigating Funding and Broadcast Opportunities in Public Television
Join POV and ITVS for a forum about funding and broadcast opportunities for independents in New York City on May 31, 2012.
- POV & Firelight Media Summit: A Docmaker's Survival Guide from the Legendary Filmmakers of Blackside
Journalist and aspiring filmmaker Alva French reports from the opening panel of "Sustaining a Career as a Public Media Maker," a day-long summit held at POV.
- Dispatch from South Korea: Discovering Docs at the INPUT 2011 Public Media Conference
Theresa Riley reports on her experience attending this year's public media INPUT conference, held from May 9-12, 2011 in Seoul, South Korea.