- February 2014 POV Streaming Films
Check out which POV films you can stream for free this month, including our February 3, 2014 broadcast, American Promise, Racing Dreams, Reportero and more!
- Doc Soup Man's Top 10 Favorite Competition Documentaries
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston names his top ten favorite competition documentaries in advance of the broadcast of Ping Pong on PBS.
- Documentary DPs Share Their Craft at DOC NYC
Tom Roston recaps the DOC NYC masterclass on cinematography with directors of photography Alan Jacobsen (Racing Dreams) and Tom Hurwitz (The Queen of Versailles). Panels continue through Thursday.
- The Road to Success: What “Racing Dreams,” Sadie Nash, and my POV Internship Did for Me
Keyana Cumberbatch-Walters is a high school intern who joined POV through Sadie Nash Leadership Project. As her POV internship draws to a close, she shares how Sadie Nash, POV and the documentary Racing Dreams have influenced her.
- POV Viewers Cheer for 'Racing Dreams'
A quick roundup of some of the reactions viewers have had to Marshall Curry's Racing Dreams.
- Watch 'Racing Dreams' Online (for a Limited Time!)
Racing Dreams, the winner of the Best Documentary Feature Award at the Tribeca Film Festival, is streaming for a limited time on POV's website.
- Ask Director Marshall Curry and Driver Annabeth Barnes About 'Racing Dreams'
On Friday, February 24, 2012, at 2 PM ET, director Marshall Curry and driver Annabeth Barnes are taking questions from viewers about the documentary Racing Dreams.
- So, Where Are the Female Racers (and the Documentaries About Them)?
In the POV documentary Racing Dreams, Annabeth Barnes dreams to be the first woman to win the Daytona 500. But there are many stories of racetrack pioneers yet to be told.
- Next on POV: 'Racing Dreams'
Drivers, start your engines! POV presents the broadcast premiere of Marshall Curry's Racing Dreams, a film that follows three elite "tween" go-kart racers as they dream of NASCAR fame.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Racing Dreams' – Airs 2/23 on PBS
Read what critics have to say about Racing Dreams, a documentary that chronicles a year in the life of three tweens who dream of becoming NASCAR drivers.
- 'Senna' Director Asif Kapadia
Senna, the first documentary from BAFTA award-winning fiction film director Asif Kapadia, uses archival footage exclusively to create an enthralling tribute to Brazilian Formula One racing star Ayrton Senna. Kapadia discusses the film and countering the "reckless reputation" of its star.
- BAMcinemaFEST 2011: Oscar Nominee Marshall Curry on 'If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front'
Freelance journalist Adam Schartoff checks in from BAMcinemaFEST 2011. In this dispatch, Schartoff talks with POV alum Marshall Curry about his new documentary, which leads the festival's nonfiction lineup and airs later this summer on POV.
- BAMcinemaFEST Kicks Off Third Season Bringing Blue Chip Docs to Brooklyn
Freelance journalist and film programmer Adam Schartoff previews the documentary slate at Brooklyn's BAMcinemaFEST, June 16-26, 2011.