- A Conversation with Filmmaker Maxim Pozdorovkin Maxim Pozdorovkin, co-director of The Notorious Mr. Bout talks about his controversial subject and Russian stereotypes.
- Next on POV: 'Girl Model' Mark your calendars! On March 24, at 10 PM, POV will present the national broadcast premiere of the provocative documentary 'Girl Model' on PBS
- My Perestroika Premieres in Moscow, Russia Director Robin Hessman writes about the Russian premiere of My Perestroika at Moscow's ArtDokFest and reaction of a "home audience."
- A Model's View of 'Girl Model,' from Estonia's Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival Rachel Blais, a model featured in the upcoming POV documentary Girl Model, attended a screening in Tallinn, Estonia, and told POV about the audience's misconceptions about the international modeling industry.
- Critics Love 'My Perestroika' & So Should You; Now Watch the Film Online For Free
My Perestroika, which premiered last Tuesday night on POV, has been receiving rave reviews. As you meet five former classmates, you'll witness their coming-of age from living sheltered childhoods in the USSR to searching for their places in today's Moscow. Here's a sampling of what some top critics are saying about this important film.
- Next on POV: 'My Perestroika' POV's brand new season is now in full swing with the American broadcast premiere of My Perestroika, an intimate look at the last generation of Soviet children, Tuesday, June 28, 2011, on PBS.
- 'My Perestroika' Featured as Part of The Economist Film Project on PBS NewsHour Filmmaker Robin Hessman appeared on the PBS NewsHour to talk about her feature-length film, My Perestroika (which premieres on POV next Tuesday, June 28) as part of a series of independently produced films aired in partnership between The Economist and the NewsHour.
- What's Your POV about 'Belarusian Waltz'? Belarus, one of the nations formed in 1991 from the breakup of the Soviet Union, is a strange and little-known country in a region of growing strategic importance, a country that’s been called “Europe’s last dictatorship.” In filmmaker Andrezj Fidyk’s Belarusian Waltz, one man — post-modern performance artist Alexander Pushkin — is determined to challenge […]
- 2008 POV Preview: 'Belarusian Waltz' On August 12th, POV will broadcast Belarusian Waltz by Andrzej Fidyk. The film features an idiosyncratic man named Alexander Pushkin, who shares a name with the great Russian Romantic poet, but turns out to be a different breed of artist altogether. Belarus has been called “Europe’s last dictatorship.” Since 1994, Alexander Lukashenko has ruled the […]