- Your Best and Worst Advice for Documentary Filmmakers
Drawing influence from the new book Tell Me Something: Documentary Filmmakers, POV blog readers offer some of their best and worst advice for documentary filmmakers.
- Advice to Documentary Filmmakers From Shola Lynch on Balancing Your Personal and Creative Life
In this excerpt from Tell Me Something, filmmaker Shola Lynch shares advice on balancing one's creative and personal life. Edited by Jessica Edwards, Tell Me Something features advice from 60 of the world's best documentary filmmakers.
- Five Takeaways from “The Future of Documentary Storytelling”
Abi Wright shares her notes from the recent discussion hosted by ONA-NYC and the Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University Awards at Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism in May.
- Giveaway: Win a Ticket to Paley DocFest's Event “Documenting Power: 25 Years of Political Films on POV”
Passionate about political issues? Excited about the upcoming election? Win a ticket to the Paley DocFest Event "Documenting Power: 25 Years of Political Films on POV" at The Paley Center for Media in New York City, Thursday, October 18, 2012, at 6:30pm.
- Ron Simon on Curating Paley DocFest 2012 and the Impact of Political Documentaries in an Election Year
Ron Simon tells POV how he curates New York City's Paley DocFest, which this year features a handful of politically themes documentaries timed to the November elections.
- POV & Firelight Media Summit: Sustaining a Career as a Public Media Maker
Firelight Media's Shoshone Johnson recaps a day of practical advice for documentary film producers, held at POV's office on Friday, February 17, 2012.
- POV & Firelight Media Summit: A Docmaker's Survival Guide from the Legendary Filmmakers of Blackside
Journalist and aspiring filmmaker Alva French reports from the opening panel of "Sustaining a Career as a Public Media Maker," a day-long summit held at POV.