- POV Films Win Two News & Documentary Emmy Awards
'After Tiller' Takes Top Trophy for Best Documentary, 'When I Walk' Wins Outstanding Informational Programming — Long Form
- Justine Nagan Appointed Executive Director/Executive Producer of American Documentary | POV
Justine Nagan has been named executive director of American Documentary, Inc. (AmDoc) and executive producer of POV (Point of View), its award-winning documentary series on PBS, the AmDoc board of directors announced today.
- Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour Comes to New York City
The next stop of the Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour will be in New York City on February 23, 2015. Save the date and RSVP!
- Listening Tour Kicks Off in San Francisco: A Report
A report back from "Independent Film on PBS: A National Listening Tour" in partnership with ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, and WNET from San Francisco. The next event will be on February 23, 2015 in New York City.
- Three Tips for Diverse Filmmakers Seeking Documentary Funding
Are you an emerging filmmaker of color? Funders are looking for you! Here are a few tips to help them find you.
- Giveaway: Win Tickets to Paley DocFest's “Documentary Pitch Competition”
Enter by 5 PM ET for a chance to win tickets to the Paley DocFest "Documentary Pitch Competition" on Saturday October 20, 2012.
- Ron Simon on Curating Paley DocFest 2012 and the Impact of Political Documentaries in an Election Year
Ron Simon tells POV how he curates New York City's Paley DocFest, which this year features a handful of politically themes documentaries timed to the November elections.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings
As we make our way through August, community partners across the country continue to host public screenings of POV premieres, encores and films from the archive. Here are some of their upcoming events.
- Doc U: The Future of Docs on PBS
Simon Kilmurry, Executive Producer of American Documentary | POV, will be participating in the "Doc U: The Future of Docs on PBS" panel hosted by the International Documentary Association (IDA) on May 10th.