- SXSW 2012: Wonder Women: The Untold Story of the American Superheroines
Kristy Guevara-Flanagan went from volunteering at SXSW to having her new documentary premiere there earlier this month.
- SXSW 2012: Gregory Crewdson: Brief Encounters
Gregory Crewdson: Brief Encounters had its U.S. premiere at SXSW earlier this month. The documentary follows Crewdson as he creates a series of meticulously staged cinematic frames set in a mysterious American neighborhood.
- SXSW 2012: Paul Williams Still Alive
The documentary Paul Williams Still Alive had its U.S. premiere at the 2012 SXSW Film Festival. Blogger Adam Schartoff talked with songwriter-subject Paul Williams about his initial reluctance to share his life story.
- SXSW 2012: Girl Model
Adam Schartoff talks with Girl Model co-director A. Sabin about a major misconception audiences have about the documentary that saw its U.S. premiere at SXSW.
- SXSW 2012: Caveh Zahedi Riles a Government (and an Audience) with 'The Sheik and I'
The criticism of Caveh Zahedi's new documentary is only growing, but the artist refuses to back down.
- A Model's View of 'Girl Model,' from Estonia's Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival
Rachel Blais, a model featured in the upcoming POV documentary Girl Model, attended a screening in Tallinn, Estonia, and told POV about the audience's misconceptions about the international modeling industry.