- Doc Memo: 7 Ways Brexit May Impact British TV Industry, AFI DOCS Reminds Filmmakers of Transparency
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- POV's 2016 Call for Entries Is Now Open!
Films submitted to this open call will be considered for the 2016 broadcast season and beyond. Submit by Monday, June 15, 2015.
- Announcing POV's 2015 Season on PBS
Get a sneak preview of POV's 2015 lineup and help us spread the news about the films you're looking forward to seeing most!
- It's Time to Remove the Stigma That Follows Ken Burns
I did a deep dive into Burns's work, and I began to realize that a no-holds-barred appreciation of the greatness of his work is due.
- An Independent in Wonderland
In 1988, Documentary Magazine featured an article written by Marc Weiss, POV's series creator and then executive producer, during POV's first year on PBS. Read what he had to say about getting the series off the ground and on public broadcasting.
- Vote for Women, War and Peace Doc Shorts and Other PBS Webby Award Nominees
Voting for the People's Voice Award for the 16th Annual Webby Awards will close tomorrow, April 26, 2012, so register and get to voting for your favorite PBS websites!
- Next on POV: 'Kings of Pastry'
POV kicks off its 24th season with the American broadcast premiere of Kings of Pastry
tonight on PBS, and the film experience continues on POV's website.
- Doc Soup: The Documentary Channel: All Docs All the Time
Independent journalist Tom Roston checks in and writes about the world of documentaries in his column, Doc Soup. You can also follow Tom on Twitter @DocSoupMan. I don’t get it. Really, I don’t. Do you? I’m talking about The Documentary Channel, which just about says it all right there: It’s a whole channel for people […]