- March (of the Docs) Madness 2015
Legends, stirring storylines and passionate fans are a few of the commonalities between college basketball and documentary filmmaking. 32 documentary symbols go head to head in our March Madness tournament. Vote now!
- Te'o, Catfish, and Truth in Documentary Filmmaking
Using the latest story about Manti Te'o as a launching pad, Tom Roston discusses the broader notion of truth and veracity when it comes to documentary filmmaking.
- Knowing Elmo: When There's More to a Person Than His Documentary
How well must a documentary filmmaker know his or her subject?
- Brown Bears Are Good at Making Documentaries (But Are They The Best?)
Proud Brown University alumnus Doc Soup Man Tom Roston thinks his alma mater has outdone all others in producing great documentary filmmakers.
- Doc Soup Man Presents: A Discussion of Branded Documentaries and Branded Documentarians
Morgan Spurlock isn't the only documentarian who's crossed over into the commercial world. Did you know there's an agency that specializes in bringing that nonfiction touch to a 30-second spot?
- Documentary Films? That's Entertainment!
Documentaries have started to assert that they, like their Hollywood cousins, can be more than simply 'engaging.' Doc Soup Man Tom Roston says they can be entertaining diversions too.