- Teaching Op-Docs: Fairness and Representation
Not all documentary characters are represented as heroes, and nor should they be.
- Documentary DPs Share Their Craft at DOC NYC
Tom Roston recaps the DOC NYC masterclass on cinematography with directors of photography Alan Jacobsen (Racing Dreams) and Tom Hurwitz (The Queen of Versailles). Panels continue through Thursday.
- A Preview of the 2012 True/False Film Fest
Tom Roston gives a rundown of the films he is looking forward to seeing at the True/False documentary festival, as well as some of the quirky events he hopes to catch while he's there.
- The Sundance 2012 Documentary Winners
Any documentary filmmaker will tell you that getting a film into Sundance is a Herculean achievement in itself, but some also come away with an award. Check out a rundown of the 13 prizes given to documentaries at this year's festival.
- Sundance 2012: The Man Behind the Docs Selling at Sundance
So far, who’s the most important person in docs at Sundance this year? A festival organizer? A doc subject? A director? Or none of the above?
- Sundance 2012: When Documentary Subjects Attack
When the 2012 Sundance Film Festival begins this Thursday, attendees will be treated to the premiere of a real-life version of When Documentary Subjects Attack!
- 10 Documentaries to Look Forward To in 2012
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston's list of 10 documentaries he's eager to see in 2012 includes picks that are way off the radar or a figment of his imagination.