- Documentaries at the Video Store
By the time I was 20, I had seen only two documentaries in theaters. The first was a special screening of Koyaanisqatsi with a live performance of the music by Phillip Glass, and the other was Michael Moore’s first out-of-left-(literally)-field hit, Roger & Me, in 1989. In other words, they were special events. Any other […]
- The 25 “Greatest” Documentaries of All Time
We asked fans of POV to help us find the "greatest" documentaries of all time, and this is what we found...
- On Pinterest and in Documentaries, Don't Judge a Killer By An Image
Doc Soup Man saw a graphic on Pinterest that paints Trayvon Martin's killer as a victim of media bias. What does it mean for the social networking site that the image was false?
- Oscar 2012: Predicting the Documentary Winners
Who will win? Doc Soup Man has picked it for four years running. But this year, he says, is one of the closest races in years.
- 'Resurrect Dead' Director Jon Foy Tells the Sundance Story of his First Film
How does a confused first-time filmmaker get to Sundance and come back with its documentary directing prize? Adam Schartoff talks to Jon Foy about Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles, on VOD now and opening Friday, September 2, 2011, in New York City.