- The 10 Most Patriotic American Documentaries
On the Fourth of July, most of us, myself included, get so caught up in the food and party planning that we tend to forget that it's a day to pay tribute to our country.
- Seven Reasons to Love Hot Docs
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston reveals his favorite aspects of the 2013 Hot Docs Documentary Festival in Toronto, Canada.
- Sundance 2013: R.J. Cutler's The World According to Dick Cheney
Tom Roston is surprised to learn The World According to Dick Cheney directed by R.J. Cutler - screening at Sundance 2013 - isn't quite the hatchet job he thought it would be.
- The Greatest Documentaries of All Time: Marshall Curry on 'Sherman's March'
"When I was first considering taking a leap into the professional abyss of filmmaking, there was one documentary, more than any other, that shouted out, 'Come on in, the water's great!'"
- Doc Soup: The 10 Most Unforgettable Moments in Documentary History
Independent journalist Tom Roston checks in with a list of moments that remind us why we love documentaries. What would top your list?
- Doc Soup: 'Kings of Pastry'
They took us into the heart of the Clinton campaign (The War Room). They brought us backstage to see Bob Dylan (Don’t Look Back). And they spent sleepless nights chronicling the dot-com boom (Startup.com). Now, directors Chris Hegedus and D A Pennebaker go into the depths of . . . pastry-making! What, am I missing […]