- Announcing POV Hackathon 2 – January 12-13, 2013
Bold filmmakers with a digital vision need apply! The POV Hackathon 2 Call for Participants is now open. Apply by Friday, December 7, 2012.
- POV Hackathon: A Video Recap
View a video recap of the POV Hackathon, produced by EdLab at Columbia University's Teachers College.
- POV Hackathon: Five Documentary Prototypes From a Weekend of Hacking
View the prototypes from POV Hackathon: Participate in an online debate with film characters, browse a documentary cookbook, find new meaning in numbers from news headlines, be moved by audio storytelling powered by live news and events, and explore the multimedia branches of a film from 1984.
- Three Things to Know About Yourself Before Hiring a Transmedia Designer
After beginning a transmedia project for her new documentary, filmmaker Liz Nord has some short and easy tips to think about before you hire a transmedia designer for your own project.
- The POV Hackathon Has Begun!
You know the projects, now meet the teams. The POV Hackathon is upon us, and we'd like to introduce to the members of the five teams. Five teams of filmmakers and developers will be converging in Brooklyn starting today to "re-invent the documentary for the web."
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “StoryCorps Audio Slideshows”
The StoryCorps project team at the POV Hackathon is using the award-winning StoryCorps oral history project as its source material.
- Help! How Do I Hire a Transmedia Designer/Developer?
I am reaching out to you, my fellow documentarians and multi-platform producers, to share your wisdom on finding and hiring transmedia collaborators.
- Announcing the First POV Hackathon
POV is launching a unique opportunity for filmmakers and developers to re-invent the documentary for the web. This is a call for participants.
- 5 Reasons Why My Next Film Is Coming to the Web First
Filmmaker Liz Nord (Jericho’s Echo: Punk Rock In The Holy Land) is embracing transmedia as she produces her new documentary (and web project), Battle for Jerusalem.
- Theo Rigby on Prototyping 'Immigrant Nation' at Hot Hacks (Part Two)
Theo Rigby (Sin País (Without Country)) is taking his next project to the web, and he’s blogging about his experience. In this post, Rigby reveals the Immigrant Nation prototype, a product of a weekend of "hacking" with Mozilla developers in Toronto.
- 6 Golden Rules for Filmmakers on Social Media
What's the best way to ensure success online? Read six tips for engaging your audience from Elisabeth Holm (Kickstarter), Gary Hustwit (Helvetica), Julie La'Bassiere (FilmBuff) and Mike Knowlton (StoryCode, Murmur).
- Theo Rigby on Prototyping 'Immigrant Nation' at Hot Hacks (Part One)
Theo Rigby, director of Sin País (Without Country), is taking his next project to the web, and he's blogging about his experience working with Mozilla developers at Hot Hacks, which is about to get underway at Hot Docs in Toronto.
- Choose Your Own Documentary
Heather McIntosh discusses new storytelling styles in interactive documentaries like Bear 71 that hark back to the Choose Your Own Adventure series of books.