- Ken Burns on What We Can Do About That “One Thing We Have to Fear”
Last night, at the end of the fourth episode of The Roosevelts: An Intimate History, we saw Ken Burns do something pretty special.
- Ken Burns's The Roosevelts: The Truth Outside the Frame
We're in the thick of The Roosevelts: An Intimate History, Ken Burns's seven-part PBS series, but what I want to address here is what's not on the screen.
- Ken Burns on “The Ken Burns Effect” (and the 8 Effects He Actually Uses)
"I have saved millions of bar mitzvahs and weddings and vacations," say Burns, whose seven-part series, The Roosevelts: An Intimate History, begins Sunday on PBS.
- Hulu Adds 30 Documentaries to Its Collection, Including Amir Bar-Lev's Re:Generation Music Project
Tom Roston shines a light on the slate of documentaries that Hulu has recently added. Amir Bar-Lev's Re:Generation Music Project is of particular note and should play well to Hulu's core audience.
- With New Documentary Requirements, Oscar Is Just Being Oscar
Heather McIntosh talks with Michael Moore about the new process for documentary Oscar eligibility, and rounds up the flurry of commentary about the changes in the film press.