- Recommended Reading: Top 10 Twitter Tips for Filmmakers
In 2012, Thom Powers of Stranger Than Fiction gave his biggest tips for filmmakers on Twitter, covering the basics while also providing some great strategy pointers.
- Girl Model #sheparty Covers Labor and Ethics in Modeling
POV joined Girl Model, the Model Alliance, the Women's Media Center and many others for a #sheparty Twitter discussion of labor regulations and ethics in the modeling industry. You can follow the discussion on Storify.
- Facebook? Twitter? Help! – Tips and Tricks for Filmmakers on Social Media
It's a new year. Festivals are gearing up again. And you think, how do I market my film on social media? Here is a list of some evergreen tips to get the ball rolling.
- Cracking the Legal Documentary Code: A Twitter Chat with Michael Collins (Give Up Tomorrow)
Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern (5 PM Pacific).
- Making a War Documentary: A Twitter Chat with Heather Courtney (Where Soldiers Come From)
Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern (5 PM Pacific).
- Immigration Issues in Documentaries: A Twitter Chat with Theo Rigby, Director of 'Sin País'
Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, August 21, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern. The director of Sin País will answer questions about immigration issues in documentaries.
- Animating Documentaries: A Twitter Chat with Mike Rauch of StoryCorps Animated Shorts
Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, August 14, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern. One of the directors of StoryCorps Shorts will answer questions about documentaries and animation.
- Documentary Filmmaking in the Middle East: A Twitter Chat with the Filmmakers of 'The Light In Her Eyes'
Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, July 24, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern. The filmmakers behind 'The Light In Her Eyes' will answer questions about making documentaries in the Middle East.
- Viewers React to 'My Reincarnation'
Last week, My Reincarnation premiered on PBS, kicking off POV's 25th season. Viewers have been posting their reactions to the film, which spans 20 years and chronicles the relationship between a Tibetan Buddhist master and his Western-born son.
- A Documentary Twitterthon Roundup
SundanceNow hosted a "Twitterthon" to promote its new VOD documentary subscription service, Doc Club. Doc fans took to Twitter to discuss distribution platforms, the audience experience and favorite films.
- 6 Golden Rules for Filmmakers on Social Media
What's the best way to ensure success online? Read six tips for engaging your audience from Elisabeth Holm (Kickstarter), Gary Hustwit (Helvetica), Julie La'Bassiere (FilmBuff) and Mike Knowlton (StoryCode, Murmur).
- Getting Your Film on Public Television: A Twitter Chat with POV Series Producer Yance Ford
Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Wednesday, April 25, 2012, at 7 PM Eastern. POV Series Producer Yance Ford will answer questions about how filmmakers can navigate the public TV submission process.
- Looking Forward: Tools for Social Studies Teachers in 2012
POV's Community Engagement and Education coordinator shares her thoughts on two online, interactive tools that social studies teachers should be on the lookout to use: Mission U.S. and the Twitter hashtag #SSChat.
- Documentary Year in Review Countdown #2: The Stop Online Piracy Act Catches the Web Off Guard
POV is counting down the top documentary stories of 2011 on New Year's Eve 2012.
- Doc Soup: The #tweetmydoc Chat with Twitter Documentary Pitch Winner @YourName_MyName
Replay the October 27, 2011, Twitter interview between @DocSoupMan Tom Roston and #tweetmydoc twitter documentary pitch winner @YourName_MyName (Osato Dixon).
- Doc Soup: Announcing the #tweetmydoc Pitch Winner: 'Your Name Is My Name'!
Tom Roston profiles 'Your Name Is My Name's Osata Dixon (@YourName_MyName), who distilled a documentary pitch into 104 compelling characters. Join a #tweetmydoc Twitter chat with Dixon Thursday at 12 PM Eastern.
- Doc Soup: The #tweetmydoc Pitches, So Far
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston looks at who's been tweeting documentary pitches with the hastag #tweetmydoc. Share your doc over twitter by October 17, 2011 for a shot at a profile on the POV Blog.
- Doc Soup: Tweet Your Doc! (#tweetmydoc)
Later this month, Doc Soup Man Tom Roston will feature one documentary-in-progress that makes the most original and compelling use of Twitter — in 140 characters or less, of course. Share your doc with the hashtag #tweetmydoc by October 17, 2011.