- Homegoings: New Ways to Watch on Vimeo
Homegoings will be available for digital rental through Vimeo on Demand starting February 18, 2014.
- Netflix Streaming Deals for Documentary Filmmakers — Some Numbers
How much do you think a documentary filmmaker earns for a film streaming on Netflix?
- A Documentary Twitterthon Roundup
SundanceNow hosted a "Twitterthon" to promote its new VOD documentary subscription service, Doc Club. Doc fans took to Twitter to discuss distribution platforms, the audience experience and favorite films.
- With New Documentary Requirements, Oscar Is Just Being Oscar
Heather McIntosh talks with Michael Moore about the new process for documentary Oscar eligibility, and rounds up the flurry of commentary about the changes in the film press.
- How Digital Subscriptions Are Altering Our Relationships with Media
With independent distributors entering the digital subscription market, guest blogger Heather McIntosh considers questions of access, curation and ownership that emerge from consumers discarding their DVD collections for Netflix membership.
- Dynamo, Distrify & Distribber: Documentarians Test New Tools for Direct Distribution Online
The filmmakers behind the documentaries Until the Light Takes Us and Wake Up share their experiences with DIY video-on-demand.
- 'Resurrect Dead' Director Jon Foy Tells the Sundance Story of his First Film
How does a confused first-time filmmaker get to Sundance and come back with its documentary directing prize? Adam Schartoff talks to Jon Foy about Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles, on VOD now and opening Friday, September 2, 2011, in New York City.