- Life on the Streets of Palestine Captured in “Points Of View”
An interactive web documentary aims to help Palestinians present the anger, pain, joy and hope of their daily lives to both Israelis and the international public.
- And the POV Hackathon 7 Participants' Choice Winner is…
Congrats to The Dandelion King, POV Hackathon 7 Participants' Choice Award Winner!
- Getting Ready for a Year of Experimentation (“No Predictions” Edition)
New capabilities demand new conventions for communicating with viewers as well as new processes for authors.
- Announcing the POV Hackathon 6 Participants' Choice Winner…
Congrats to The World In Ten Blocks, POV Hackathon 6 Participants' Choice Award Winner!
- #docchat: Web Documentaries – Join POV's Open Twitter Chat on December 3
Join us on Twitter for a #docchat about Web Documentaries on Tuesday, December 3 from 12:30PM-2:30PM ET (9:30AM-11:30AM PT).
- Quebec's Digital Storytelling Manifesto
At IDFA 2013, digital storytellers from Quebec released a 10-point manifesto to both define "les nouvelles écritures" as an art form and to serve as a call for support from policymakers.
- Interact with Web Documentary Prototypes from DocMontevideo Hackathon
DocMontevideo held their first Hackathon in Montevideo, Uruguay in July 2013. Interact with the web documentary prototypes made by three teams of filmmakers and technologists from Argentina, Uruguay and Chile.
- Ten Questions for Eline Jongsma & Kel O'Neill of Empire
Eline Jongsma and Kel O'Neill answer questions about creating the interactive documentary Empire. The Project will have its US Premiere at the New York Film Festival’s Convergence program in September 2013.
- Hollow: An Interactive Documentary Made While In School, But It's No Student Film
How do you balance grad school with production of your documentary? Elaine McMillion takes POV inside the creation of Hollow and offers lessons for students.
- POV Hackathon 4: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology
Five teams "re-invented the documentary" at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology.
- POV Hackathon 4: A Recap of Day Two
Social media captured the last-day inspiration, panic and sleep deprivation at POV's meeting of nonfiction storytelling and technology minds.
- POV Hackathon 4: A Recap of Day One
A recap of the first day of this weekend's POV Hackathon 4 (July 27-28, 2013).
- POV Hackathon 4: How to Become a Last-Minute Participant and How to Attend the Final Screening
This weekend's POV Hackathon (July 27-28, 2013) has slots open for a developer and designer. And don't wait to RSVP for tickets!
- POV Hackathon 4: The Projects!
For POV Hackathon 4, teams of filmmakers and developers will be challenged to create web documentary prototypes in a single weekend. Here's more about the five selected projects and their teams.
- For Filmmakers: Documentary Filmmaking Resources from POV
Check out our new resource for documentary filmmakers that covers everything from funding opportunities to online video platforms to "engagement" strategists you can hire for your film.
- Ten Questions for Loc Dao and Hugues Sweeney of the NFB
Executive producers from the National Film Board of Canada's interactive division give Murmur's Hal Seigel an in-depth look into the process behind recent projects A Journal of Insomnia and Bear 71.
- Five Questions with Hugues Sweeney of The National Film Board of Canada
NFB producer Hugues Sweeney tells Liz Nord about Journal of Insomnia, an installation and web documentary featured at the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival's Storyscapes exhibit in New York City this weekend.
- POV Hackathon 3: A Recap
In April 2013, POV Hackathon 3 challenged five teams of filmmakers, developers and designers to "hack" nonfiction media, create working digital prototypes and pitch them to an audience. Here's what you missed...