- Three Things to Know About Yourself Before Hiring a Transmedia Designer
After beginning a transmedia project for her new documentary, filmmaker Liz Nord has some short and easy tips to think about before you hire a transmedia designer for your own project.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “StoryCorps Audio Slideshows”
The StoryCorps project team at the POV Hackathon is using the award-winning StoryCorps oral history project as its source material.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Living Los Sures”
Living Los Sures examines the hardscrabble past and hidden histories of New York City's now trendy Williamsburg neighborhood.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Feed Me A Story”
The POV Hackathon team members working on the Feed Me A Story project meet at the intersection of documentary, food ethnography and app development.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Op-Video”
The POV Hackathon team members working on the Op-Video project have deep experience re-imaging traditional forms of journalism for the digital age.
- Announcing the First POV Hackathon
POV is launching a unique opportunity for filmmakers and developers to re-invent the documentary for the web. This is a call for participants.
- 5 Reasons Why My Next Film Is Coming to the Web First
Filmmaker Liz Nord (Jericho’s Echo: Punk Rock In The Holy Land) is embracing transmedia as she produces her new documentary (and web project), Battle for Jerusalem.
- 18 Days in Egypt Co-Creator Jigar Mehta
Journalist-turned-web-documentarian Jigar Mehta tells POV about treating documentary filmmaking like a startup company, hiring crowdsourcing evangelists (with help from Kickstarter) and re-inventing the participatory documentary on the fly.