- Featured Event: Astoria Public Library Presents 'Girl Model'
Join the Astoria Public Library for a free screening of 'Girl Model,' followed by a discussion.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Reflections on David Felix Sutcliffe's 'Adama' from a 7th grade class
David Felix Sutcliffe comments how Islamophobia has largely gone unchecked but sees hope for tolerance and understanding from insightful letters he read in response to his film.
- Featured Event: DeKalb Library Presents 'All the Difference'
Join the DeKalb branch of the Brooklyn Public Library for a free screening of 'All the Difference.'
- Next on POV: Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)
Since the age of 4, Angy Rivera has lived in the United States with a secret that threatens to upend her life: She is undocumented. Watch Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) - Monday on PBS.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! '15 to Life' Premieres Tonight!
15 to Life: Kenneth's Story premieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the films. Use our partner toolkit for easy ways to help spread the word.
- Upcoming POV Screenings
With summer on everyone's mind, youth-centered films are popular this week - screenings are happening throughout the country! Check out our local screenings map to find out about POV community screenings happening in your area.
- Next on POV: 'Only the Young' and 'xoxosms'
Three teens in a Southern California town wrestle with questions of love and friendship along with adult realities of financial uncertainty. Premieres Monday, July 15, 2013, on PBS stations, along with the short xoxosms.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 'This Gay and Age'
Your votes will determine the People's Choice Winner in PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival! Watch an award-winning documentary short by teen filmmaker Morgan Wilcock, who examines the stereotypes that bombard today's LGBT youth.
- Adobe Youth Voices Announces the Aspire Awards for Youth Media Makers
We’re excited to share the news about the Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards, a dynamic opportunity for youth around the globe to submit their most compelling work to an international media competition.
- Next on POV: 'Racing Dreams'
Drivers, start your engines! POV presents the broadcast premiere of Marshall Curry's Racing Dreams, a film that follows three elite "tween" go-kart racers as they dream of NASCAR fame.
- Project Voicescape Winner to be Featured in PBS Online Film Festival
PBS announced today that the Project Voicescape winner for Best Documentary This Gay and Age will be featured in its selections for its first Online Film Festival.
- Upcoming POV Community Screenings
Libraries, PBS stations and community groups host sneak-preview screenings of Racing Dreams, the newest film by Oscar-nominated filmmaker Marshall Curry.
- Project VoiceScape: Grant-Winning Teens Tackle Tough Topics
Project VoiceScape, a collaboration between Adobe Youth Voices, PBS and POV, recently awarded 15 $2,000 filmmaking grants to 22 emerging young talents from around the country. Project VoiceScape editorial committee member Jessica Lee tells us about some of the challenges she faced in awarding the grants and what we can expect next from the filmmaker-finalists.
- Project VoiceScape: Meet the Filmmaker-Finalists and a Stellar Group of Documentary Mentors
The Project VoiceScape filmmaker-finalists are now in production working toward an October showcase, with mentorship from some of the best documentary filmmakers we know. Meet the filmmakers and their mentors!
- Live Chat with Shelby Knox and Filmmakers Marion Lipschutz and Rose Rosenblatt
- Project VoiceScape Update
To All Project VoiceScape Applicants: Once again, thank you for your submissions. We’re really impressed with the number of high-quality applications and have some tough decisions to make — so tough, in fact, that we’re adjusting the project schedule so we can give another few weeks to the review process. We’ll be notifying everyone with […]
- POV's Project VoiceScape Submissions Now Under Review
Project VoiceScape is a partnership with Adobe Youth Voices, PBS and POV to mentor today’s best young documentary filmmakers. Our 2011 Project VoiceScape call for entries closed last week and we would like to thank the hundreds of talented youth filmmakers across the country who submitted their great documentary ideas for funding consideration! We received […]
- Doc Soup: Teens and the Impact of MTV's 'Teen Mom'
What impact do documentaries have on today’s youth? Do kids even know what a documentary is? These questions came to mind when I recently saw that the Sheffield Doc/Fest was asking for applicants for its Youth Jury for the UK event in June. Initially, I was skeptical. But, when you think about it, teens do […]