How might Joe, Karen, Hector and Carlos' situations have been affected by the health care reform plans proposed by 2008 presidential candidates McCain and Obama? Watch shortened versions of their stories and read expert opinions from across the political spectrum on whether the two proposed plans might have made a difference in their lives.
Premiere Date: September 30, 2008
- Additional Video
- How Would Proposed Reforms Affect the Characters?
- Watch Critical Condition Online
- Audio Roundtable: Health Care Reform: Clinton's Defeat, Obama's Hope
- Audio Interview: The Economics of Health Care
- Audio Debate: The 2008 Presidential Campaigns on Health Care
- Links & Books
- Background: Basic Facts About the Uninsured
From POV's Blog
January 30, 2015
This week, communities across the country commemorate Black History Month with screenings celebrating the life of civil rights leaders and engaging in critical dialogue about contemporary social issues.
January 28, 2015
On Monday, The Genius of Marian screened on Capitol Hill. Actor and activist David Hyde Pierce, Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), and Devon White Angelini, featured in the film, spoke at the event. Read more about the screening and discussion.
January 27, 2015
A report back from "Independent Film on PBS: A National Listening Tour" in partnership with ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, and WNET from San Francisco. The next event will be on February 23, 2015 in New York City.