How might Joe, Karen, Hector and Carlos' situations have been affected by the health care reform plans proposed by 2008 presidential candidates McCain and Obama? Watch shortened versions of their stories and read expert opinions from across the political spectrum on whether the two proposed plans might have made a difference in their lives.
Premiere Date: September 30, 2008
- Additional Video
- How Would Proposed Reforms Affect the Characters?
- Watch Critical Condition Online
- Audio Roundtable: Health Care Reform: Clinton's Defeat, Obama's Hope
- Audio Interview: The Economics of Health Care
- Audio Debate: The 2008 Presidential Campaigns on Health Care
- Links & Books
- Background: Basic Facts About the Uninsured
From POV's Blog
September 17, 2014
Kel O'Neill and Eline Jongsma take POV behind the scenes of Empire.
September 15, 2014
We're in the thick of The Roosevelts: An Intimate History, Ken Burns's seven-part PBS series, but what I want to address here is what's not on the screen.
September 12, 2014
Check out the great lineup of POV films being screened across the country this week! Don’t forget to visit our local events calendar for a full list of events.