How might Joe, Karen, Hector and Carlos' situations have been affected by the health care reform plans proposed by 2008 presidential candidates McCain and Obama? Watch shortened versions of their stories and read expert opinions from across the political spectrum on whether the two proposed plans might have made a difference in their lives.
Premiere Date: September 30, 2008
- Additional Video
- How Would Proposed Reforms Affect the Characters?
- Watch Critical Condition Online
- Audio Roundtable: Health Care Reform: Clinton's Defeat, Obama's Hope
- Audio Interview: The Economics of Health Care
- Audio Debate: The 2008 Presidential Campaigns on Health Care
- Links & Books
- Background: Basic Facts About the Uninsured
From POV's Blog
December 19, 2014
Visit our local events calendar for a full list of events happening across the country and join our Community Network to host a screening of your own!
December 18, 2014
What's the best documentary of 2014? We're tracking festivals, critics, blogs, award shows and more to determine the top docs of the year.
December 17, 2014
Filmmaker Pamela Yates finds out she got a scene in her film When the Mountains Tremble wrong, and returns to Guatemala to investigate. Read and watch in English and Spanish.