How might Joe, Karen, Hector and Carlos' situations have been affected by the health care reform plans proposed by 2008 presidential candidates McCain and Obama? Watch shortened versions of their stories and read expert opinions from across the political spectrum on whether the two proposed plans might have made a difference in their lives.
Premiere Date: September 30, 2008
- Additional Video
- How Would Proposed Reforms Affect the Characters?
- Watch Critical Condition Online
- Audio Roundtable: Health Care Reform: Clinton's Defeat, Obama's Hope
- Audio Interview: The Economics of Health Care
- Audio Debate: The 2008 Presidential Campaigns on Health Care
- Links & Books
- Background: Basic Facts About the Uninsured
From POV's Blog
June 22, 2015
Organizations and individuals across the country are getting the word out about Out in the Night, and you can, too!
June 17, 2015
This Friday, join Rooftop Films for New York Non-Fiction. From the Upper West Side to Brighton Beach, from the Civic Center courts to Red Hook's baseball parks, New York is full of unique characters.
June 14, 2015
Emma Cott and Abby Goodnough discuss reporting on the effects of the Affordable Care Act on one chronically ill man in Louisville, Kentucky, and what his story says about the United States healthcare system in 2015.