For Bloggers & Orgs
Attention, bloggers! Attention, organizers! On April 21, viewers all over the country will be hosting Food, Inc. viewing and potluck parties where they will eat, watch and discuss food-related issues. To make this night an unequivocal success, we need your help. We’d like to involve your readers in hosting their own potlucks.
We want to show off how vibrant the food community is online, and highlight how engaged you are with eating well — in all senses of the word. We are featuring select participating sites right here on our site.
Here are some ways you can help.
1. Share your recipes — Enter your best potluck recipes in the comments section of our recipes page so that viewers and potluck hosts can check them out.
2. Feature POV’s Food, Inc. potluck party on your site — Encourage your readers to host their own potluck parties on April 21 (or from April 22 to April 29, when the film will be streaming online). Post about the potluck and link back to our party kit and checklist. Then, have your readers who hosted potlucks tell us about their party for a chance receive free gifts — including autographed books from Michael Pollan and Eric Schlosser, a DVD of the film, coffee from Equator Coffees, coupons for free Amy’s Kitchen products and more!
3. Host your own Food, Inc. potluck party and blog about it — We would love to feature bloggers who hold their own potluck parties in the next few weeks as examples to viewers who are interested in doing it the night of broadcast.
4. Get the word out — Tweet/Facebook about the POV broadcast of the film and the potluck and let your friends, family, fans and followers know how they can hold their own potlucks. We’d love it if you used the hashtag #foodincparty when you tweet so that we can track, retweet and respond to your messages.
Here is a sample tweet that we encourage you to retweet if you’re short on time.
FOOD, INC. airs on @povdocs (PBS) 4/21. Host a potluck and talk about food issues? http://to.pbs.org/a4Q1BT #foodincparty
Here are some photos and materials that may be useful to you.
- Food, Inc. Photographs on Flickr
Please include the credit if you use these photos on your site.
- Food, Inc. trailer on YouTube
Embed the trailer on your site using this code. If you would like to adjust the size of the video window, just change the height and width dimensions within the code.
- Food, Inc. printable poster (PDF)
- Food, Inc. Fact Sheet (PDF)
Thanks, bloggers! If you have any questions, please contact our community engagement coordinator Amanda Nguyen at anguyen [at] pov.org.