Over the past 50 years, the West has sent some $2.3 trillion in aid to Africa, the poorest of the world’s continents. Good Fortune is a provocative exploration of how massive international efforts to alleviate poverty in Africa may be undermining the very communities they aim to benefit. The stories told in Good Fortune are great starting points for your discussions about the effectiveness of international development. Help spread the word about the film in the following ways.
Host a Screening – For Free!
Join POV’s Community Network to borrow Good Fortune for free screenings in your community, classroom, staff trainings, or workshops.
- REGISTER: Join the POV Community Network.
- ACTIVATE: Check your inbox for an activation link and temporary password (email email@example.com if you do not receive this email).
- REQUEST: Log in to your POV account and click “Create an Event” to register your screening(s) and request the film.
- SCREEN: We’ll send the DVD to you about one month prior to your event, then you send it back to us after the event. It’s that easy!
Here is everything you need to run a successful POV film screening:
- POV Partner Agreement
- Step-By-Step Guide to Hosting a Screening
- Press Photos
- Logos: POV, Web Badge.
- Media Contact Form
- Audience Survey
After Your Event
Thanks for hosting a POV screening! We’d love to hear from you. Your feedback makes this work possible.
- Fill out your online Coordinator Evaluation
- Send the DVD and Audience Evaluations to: POV, 20 Jay St., Suite 940, Brooklyn, NY 11201