About Mills & Boon and Harlequin
Every four seconds a Harlequin or Mills & Boon romance novel is sold somwhere within the 109 countries where the books are sold, and in one of the 26 different languages in which they are published.
Facts about Mills & Boon and Harlequin:
- Every four seconds a Harlequin or Mills & Boon romance novel is sold.
- Gerald Mills and Charles Boon founded Mills & Boon Limited in 1908.
- Mills & Boon is now part of Harlequin Enterprises, a global company that sells more than 130 million books worldwide each year.
- These novels are published in 26 different languages and sold in 109 countries.
- The company has a global base of 1,300 authors.
- Mills & Boon is one of the top ten adult fiction publishers in the United Kingdom.
- Mills & Boon sells 10 million books each year in the United Kingdom; 7 million of those are romance novels.
- U.K. monthly Mills & Boon readership is more than 1.3 million.
- Mills & Boon series books are released in two shipping cycles each month (the first and third Friday of the month) and have a one-month shelf life
- Approximately 70 titles are published every month in the United Kingdom, including more than 50 brand-new series titles.
- In the past 50 years, Mills & Boon characters have had 10,325 weddings, 29,500 kisses and 35,250 hugs.
- "Mills & Boon" is an entry in the Oxford English Dictionary given the definition "a (type of) popular romantic novel."
Photo caption: Roger in library
Credit: Julie Moggan
» Mills & Boon.