In conjunction with the national broadcast of Homegoings on June 24, 2013, POV has launched our 'Discussions About Death' online feature. In America, many people shy away from talking about death and dying, despite a desire and need to. Because of this, we want to encourage POV viewers to actively engage in conversations and talk about important and deeply human issues that all of us face at some time.
Visit the Discussions About Death online feature to learn more about funeral traditions and and the "deathcare" industry. Join the conversation with other POV viewers, and click the links below to share your thoughts on the following topics.
- Why do you think so many people are uncomfortable talking about death?
- What do you want done with your body when you die?
- Do you want your funeral to be traditional or completely unique?
- How could pre-planning your funeral help your family economically?
- What role can social media presences play in the grieving process?
- What is your opinion on corporations buying funeral homes as investments?
- What effect does the Hollywood depiction of death have on the way we think about it?