Yoruba Richen’s incisive Promised Land is a look at post-apartheid South Africa and the explosive issue of land. The film follows two black communities as they struggle to reclaim land from white owners, some of whom who have lived there for generations. Amid rising tensions and wavering government policies, the land issue remains South Africa’s “ticking time bomb,” with far-reaching consequences for all sides. Spread the word about the film in the following ways.
Host a Screening – For Free!
Join POV’s Community Network to borrow Promised Land for free screenings in your community, classroom, staff trainings, or workshops.
- REGISTER: Join the POV Community Network.
- ACTIVATE: Check your inbox for an activation link and temporary password (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this email).
- REQUEST: Log in to your POV account and click “Create an Event” to register your screening(s) and request the film.
- SCREEN: We’ll send the DVD to you about one month prior to your event, then you send it back to us after the event. It’s that easy!
Here is everything you need to run a successful POV film screening:
- POV Partner Agreement
- Step-By-Step Guide to Hosting a Screening
- Press Release
- Press Photos
- Logos: POV, Web Badge.
- Media Contact Form
- Audience Survey
After Your Event
Thanks for hosting a POV screening! We’d love to hear from you. Your feedback makes this work possible.
- Fill out your online Coordinator Evaluation
- Send the DVD and Audience Evaluations to: POV, 20 Jay St., Suite 940, Brooklyn, NY 11201