International Law, Testing the Limits: The ICC & Darfur
When the President of Uganda referred the case of the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) to the International Criminal Court, a fierce debate broke out about whether peace process and justice processes should be sequenced or whether peace and justice must go together. This module describes the scene of the crime in northern Uganda, and Ugandan citizen’s response to the seeking justice.
Teaching The Reckoning: Understanding the International Criminal Court Guide
- Viewing guides set context and provide discussion questions for each film module.
- 6 original source documents deepen the understanding of the issues raised in the modules.
- Dozens of suggested activities designed for secondary school classrooms.
- A timeline of the history of international criminal justice.
- An international justice glossary
- Links to related web-resources, making it easy to learn more about the material presented in the modules.
Download the guide from the Facing History and Ourselves website.