The Way We Get By already has the support of a number of organizations, including the USO, the American Legion and Serve.gov, which is part of President Obama's United We Serve initiative. We hope that you will help us spread word about the film, as it highlights the impact of individual action and how a small act of kindness can change lives.
Although the premiere broadcast of The Way We Get By occurred on PBS on Veterans Day, the film is available in its entirety on the PBS Video Player through September 27, 2010. Here are a variety of ways that you can support and promote The Way We Get By. Tell your friends about these ways to participate in promoting the film by emailing them this page.
Host a Screening - For Free!
Join POV's Community Network to borrow The Way We Get By for free screenings in your community, classroom, staff trainings, or workshops.
- REGISTER: Join the POV Community Network.
- ACTIVATE: Check your inbox for an activation link and temporary password (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this email).
- REQUEST: Log in to your POV account and click "Create an Event" to register your screening(s) and request the film.
- SCREEN: We'll send the DVD to you about one month prior to your event, then you send it back to us after the event. It's that easy!
Here is everything you need to run a successful POV film screening:
- POV Partner Agreement
- Step-By-Step Guide to Hosting a Screening
- Press Release
- Press Photos
- Logos: POV
- Media Contact Form
- Audience Survey
After Your Event
Thanks for hosting a POV screening! We'd love to hear from you. Your feedback makes this work possible.
- Fill out your online Coordinator Evaluation
- Send the DVD and Audience Evaluations to: POV, 20 Jay St., Suite 940, Brooklyn, NY 11201