10 Parks that Changed America re-aired March 2017.
10 That Changed America
10 Parks that Changed America
Discover the evolution of our nation’s city parks and learn the history of landscapes.
About the Show
Premiere date: April 12, 2016
10 Parks that Changed America tells the story of 10 visionaries who took open canvases of God-forsaken land, and transformed them into serene spaces that offer city dwellers a respite from the hustle and bustle of urban life. From the elegant squares of Savannah, Georgia, to a park built over a freeway in Seattle, to the more recent High Line in New York, each story introduces the heroes who brought these parks to life, and the villains who preferred to exploit the land for private enterprise. Discover the evolution of our nation’s city parks, and learn the history of landscape architecture – an American-born art in which human beings try their best to mimic nature. The 10 parks:
- Square of Savannah – Savannah, GA
- Fairmount Park – Philadelphia, PA
- Mt. Auburn Cemetery – Cambridge, MA
- Central Park – New York, NY WATCH WEB-EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- Chicago’s Neighborhood Parks – Chicago, IL
- San Antonio River Walk – San Antonio, TX
- Overton Park – Memphis, TN
- Freeway Park – Seattle, WA
- Gas Works Park – Seattle, WA WATCH CLIP
- High Line – New York, NY
A Closer Look at the 10 Parks
10 Homes that Changed America highlights 10 architecturally adventuresome dwellings.
10 towns whose builders saw how our environment to change the way we live.