February 10, 2007 | Episode 6, Season 2
Real Simple Television Productions Inc.
Pasta with Tuna and Black Olive Vinaigrette
- Hands-On Time:
Total Time: 10 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 12 ounces regular or whole-wheat rigatoni or penne
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers—rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 6-ounce cans tuna, drained
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the capers and olives and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the parsley and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add the lemon juice, pepper, and the remaining oil. Drain the pasta, rinse under cold water, and divide among individual bowls. Top with the tuna and olive vinaigrette.
Tip: Consider splurging on a can of Italian olive oil–packed tuna for this recipe — or any other dish that calls for tuna. Its robust flavor makes everyday meals extraordinary.