February 17, 2007 | Episode 7, Season 2
Real Simple Television Productions Inc.
- Hands-On Time:
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 2 pounds russet or baking potatoes (about 3 potatoes), scrubbed
- Sour cream (optional)
Heat oven to 450° F. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil onto a rimmed baking sheet. In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, the barbecue sauce, hot pepper sauce, black pepper, and paprika and cumin (if using). Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 to 10 wedges. Add them to the bowl and toss. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared sheet. Bake, turning once, until golden and tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot with the sour cream for dipping (if desired).