March 3, 2007 | Episode 9, Season 2
Real Simple Television Productions Inc.
Tuna and Chickpea Salad with Pesto
- Hands-On Time:
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 15.5-ounce cans (3 cups) chickpeas, roughly chopped
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 24 black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thickly sliced
- 3 6-ounce cans tuna, drained
- 5 tablespoons store-bought pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 sprigs fresh basil (optional)
In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, red peppers, olives, celery, tuna, pesto, salt, and black pepper. Divide among individual plates. Garnish with the basil (if using).