March 3, 2007 | Episode 9, Season 2
Real Simple Television Productions Inc.
Cantaloupe Soup with Prosciutto and Mozzarella Sandwiches
- Hands-On Time:
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 baguettes
- 2 8-ounce balls fresh mozzarella, thickly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cantaloupes — chilled, halved, and seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
Cut each baguette in half lengthwise, then in thirds crosswise. Layer the mozzarella and prosciutto on the bottom of each baguette portion. Drizzle with the oil and sandwich with the baguette tops; set aside. In a blender, puree the cantaloupe and salt. Pour into bowls and sprinkle with the pepper and mint. Serve with the sandwiches.