March 17, 2007 | Episode 10, Season 2
Real Simple Television Productions Inc.
Linguine with Broccoli Rabe, Bacon, and Corn
- Hands-On Time:
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound linguine
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, ends trimmed and stalks cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 14.5-ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh (from 2 ears) or frozen
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 11/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan
Cook the linguine according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, over medium heat, fry the bacon until crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel. Spoon off all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings from the pan, reserving the rest. Return pan to medium heat, add the garlic and broccoli rabe, and toss. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the broccoli rabe is tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the corn, either the reserved bacon drippings or the butter, the salt, and pepper. Add the drained linguine and toss. Heat until warmed through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and reserved bacon and toss.