March 24, 2007 | Episode 11, Season 2
Real Simple Television Productions Inc.
- Hands-On Time:
Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes 4 calzones
- Flour for the work surface
- 1 1-pound bag refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 10-ounce box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 4 ounces salami, roughly chopped
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons (1 ounce) grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 16-ounce jar pasta sauce, warmed (optional)
Heat oven to 400° F. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 7-inch round. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix the spinach, salami, ricotta, mozzarella, and grated cheese. Spoon the cheese mixture over half of each round, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Using your fingers, wet the border with water. Fold the uncovered dough over the filling. Press to seal. Transfer to a baking sheet. Lightly brush the top of each calzone with the oil. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with the pasta sauce on the side (if using).